Not taking into account specific values, beliefs, attitudes, norms, and practices when targeting treatment goals, or providing treatment can lead to significant mistakes. Ignoring cultural and subcultural factors can engender miscommunication, discomfort, and mistrust, leading to lack of engagement, service drop out and negative outcomes.
Do you have a framework for culture sensitivity?
What if culture in mental health were different from what you have been taught?
Would you like to master critical thinking in clinical care?
Immerse yourself in the Socratic Method, the Desire Method,
and the Collective Learning experience.
Learn the Why of mastering
the New Strategies to Cultural Sensitivity
It’s beyond what you may think ! ! !
- Wed, Dec 19, 2018
- 9:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m.
- Friday, Dec 14, 2018
CEU: social workers and mental health counselors
In-person seminar: (4)
535 5th Avenue, 4th floor
NY, NY 10017
AT THE END OF THIS SEMINAR, YOU WILL:
Have Learned and Mastered
- Critical thinking in clinical care
- The principles of and techniques for cultural sensitivity
- The do's and don'ts of cultural sensitivity
- The secrets of leveraging group dynamics for collective learning and making use of opportunities to reflect on your daily work while learning and mastering new skills
Practice, Practice and Practice!
- Role play, practice, and implement New Strategies to Cultural Sensitivity