Psychodynamic casework is not as popular in social work theory and practice as it once was. However, a psychodynamic approach in social work is still relevant; that it is important for its humanizing qualities, for understanding and working with people with severe problems and for, perhaps, helping us to locate the position of social work vis-a-vis other mental health professions.
Would you like to enhance your ability to provide excellent care,
prevent burnout, and promote self-care?
Would you like to learn how to think multidimensional
and account for factors related to the
Immerse yourself in the Socratic Method, the Desire Method,
and the Collective Learning experience.
Learn the Why of the strategies to wearing your psychodynamically informed hat
It’s beyond what you may think ! ! !
- Wed, Dec 5, 2018
- 9:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m.
- Wed, Dec 12, 2018
CEU:social workers and licensed mental health counselors
In-person seminar: (4)
535 5th Avenue, 4th floor
NY, NY 10017
AT THE END OF THIS SEMINAR, YOU WILL:
Learn and Master
- Critical thinking in clinical care
- The principles and techniques of wearing your psychodynamically informed hat
- The do's and don'ts when wearing your psychodynamically informed hat, while using CBT, DBT, MI, Supportive therapy, and other treatment modalities
- The secrets of leveraging group dynamics for collective learning and make use of opportunities to reflect on your daily work while learning and mastering new skills
Practice, practice and practice!
- Role play, practice, and implement new strategies to wearing your psychodynamically informed hat